Yesterday I found out that the lovely diaryofadashinista had awarded From Snickers to Marathon a Liebster, the blog award for small blogs with less than 200 followers. I’m really pleased that Dash enjoys my blog enough to award this to me. She’s someone that I met through Boutique Run back before Christmas and I’ve loved following her tales of running, general fitness and fashion ever since.
We were training for our first marathons at the same time and it’s been great to keep up to date with her training – I’ve picked up loads of training tips from her along the way. I’ve also loved her fashion reviews and particularly enjoy her features on ‘What to wear when…..’ – her latest advice being on belly dancing!
Dash is never knowingly understyled and the design of her blog is a testament to this – it’s super chic!
If you receive a Liebster, you should in turn nominate five more bloggers with less than 200 followers. So the Snickers awards go to:
1. Lozzatron – Laura has been on a similar running journey to me. As a fellow first time marathoner her blog – with the tag line ‘Careful what you wish for’ has been a great read and really motivating for me. At times when I’ve felt really slow and was convinced I was going to come last in the marathon it’s been great to read about her progress and know that there were others out there like me aiming for somewhere under 6 hours on their first attempt.
2. The Moiderer – to moider means to talk a lot and that’s what Dawn does. About her life, her little one and her husband, changing her life with Cognitive Hypnotherapy, cooking, travelling – you name it The Moiderer covers it. I love this blog as it’s written with such honesty and openness. Dawn’s been on a pretty amazing personal journey this year and I think it’s a privilege that she’s shared it with so many people through her blogging.
3. iknowineedtostoptalking– the hilarious KT gets my next award. Her honest and often graphic account of life with two small children never fails to bring a smile to my face. Among the tales of vomit and poo there is also much talk of wine and gin. I am not a mum but if I were I think I’d like to be this kind of mum.
4. Darin McCloud – what more can I say that I’ve not already said about this amazing man? His blog plots his journey from a 20 stone man seeking gastric bypass surgery to 15 stone marathon runner. It’s a fantastically honest account of his Thinking Slimmer journey and one which I know has provided inspiration to many people, me included. I am proud to have crossed the finishing line of the London Marathon with this remarkable person.
5. Jackie Newman – my final award goes to Jackie. Her blog is charting her progress with Thinking Slimmer and is an inspirational read. Jackie has totally embraced the Slimpods and they are helping her to change her life in the same way that they have helped me to change mine.
The rules of the Liebster are:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value (it’s a great way to get to word out there about other blogs).
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have received this award.